Available upon request.
- Served as a technical advisor for version control activities company-wide, acting as a liaison between developers and other stakeholders, including members of the executive staff and key customer contacts.
- Designed and implemented an Angular-based repository code browser for Git and Subversion repositories, including a REST API service for Subversion.
- Designed and developed Apache™ Subversion®—the world's most popular centralized version control software—serving the interests of both CollabNet as a corporate sponsor of that work, and the worldwide Subversion user community.
- Implemented Subversion support for—and ultimately accept primary maintainership of—ViewVC, an open-source web-based version control repository browser.
- Developed and/or maintained version control integrations (Subversion, Git, and CVS) within various enterprise-grade integrated collaborative software development platforms (CollabNet TeamForge, Cloudforge, Ossum, CollabNet Enterprise Edition, Subversion Edge, etc.).
- Produced and contributed to the production of marketing and educational collateral such as webcasts, white papers, and blog posts.
- Developed and maintained high-profile import filters (Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Powerpoint, HTML, and others) provided as part of the Outside In® SDK, and used by such applications as the popular Quick View Plus®.
- Developed and maintained the Outside In® HTML Export and Outside In® WAP WML Export technologies.
- Routinely worked on a variety of platforms (GNU/Linux, Solaris, AIX, IRIX, OSF1 and HP-UX) to test and fix software ported from Win32.
- GPA: 3.6/4.0
- Chancellor's List: 1996, 1997
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Mathematics minor
C. Michael Pilato. Apache Subversion 1.8 Release Highlights. DZone.com, June 2013
C. Michael Pilato. What's New in Subversion 1.7. Dr. Dobb's Journal, September 2011
Ben Collins-Sussman, Brian W. Fitzpatrick, and C. Michael Pilato. Version Control with Subversion, Second Edition. Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, September 2008
Ben Collins-Sussman, Brian W. Fitzpatrick, and C. Michael Pilato. Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition, Chapter 15, pp. 697-744, "The Subversion Version Control System". Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, October 2005
Ben Collins-Sussman, Brian W. Fitzpatrick, and C. Michael Pilato. Linux in a Nutshell, Fifth Edition, Chapter 14, pp. 839-887, "The Subversion Version Control System". Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, July 2005
Ben Collins-Sussman, Brian W. Fitzpatrick, and C. Michael Pilato. Version Control with Subversion. Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, June 2004
- Keynote Speaker, Subversion Day Berlin 2012: June 14, 2012, Berlin, Germany
- Keynote Speaker, Subversion Day Berlin 2010: June 11, 2010, Berlin, Germany
- Keynote Speaker, SubConf 2009: October 28, 2009, Munich, Germany
- Presenter, SubConf 2008: October 15, 2008, Munich, Germany
- Speaker, itSMF-BCS Conference 2008: July 9, 2008, London, England
- Speaker, JavaOne CommunityOne 2008: May 5, 2008, San Francisco, CA
- Presenter, Charlotte Perl Mongers Group: February 27, 2008, Charlotte, NC
- Presenter, SubConf 2007: October 18, 2007, Munich, Germany
- Presenter, Subversion Workshop: October 15, 2007, Munich, Germany
- Presenter, Charlotte Linux User Group: December 10, 2006, Charlotte, NC
- Presenter, NYC Subversion User Group: April 26, 2006, New York, NY